The University Writing Center offers online consulting services for all clients. Once the client has requested an appointment through WCOnline, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Your appointment is not finalized until you receive that email. Please note that we can only do one online session at a time, so if you request an online session when another is already scheduled, you will be asked to reschedule yours.
Our services are available through Zoom Web Conferencing and must be made at least two hours in advance.
Requesting an Online Appointment
- Register for a WCOnline account
- Log in
- Request an appointment by clicking on a white space on the schedule
- Fill out the appointment form.
- For the question "Meet Online?" be sure to select "Yes - Schedule Online Appointment"
- Wait to receive your confirmation email from email@example.com
At the Time of Your Appointment
- Log in to email account
- Locate the confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the email, click on the link right after the words "The hyperlink below will take you to your online session"
- If you haven't already downloaded it, this link will help you download Zoom to your computer.
- When the download is completed, a pop-up window will appear. Click Join Audio Conference by Computer.
- An online appointment through WCOnline
- Access to a computer with high-speed internet
- A computer with audio capabilities (speakers and microphone), and a phone backup
- Your paper, notes, or other writing you wish to work on in an electronic file such as .doc, .docx, .gdoc, .pdf, or .txt.