Dr. Elizabeth Carroll, Director
- PhD in English from UNC-Greensboro (major: Composition and Rhetoric; minors: Critical and Literary Theory, 20th century Women's Literature), MA in English from the University of Vermont (concentration: American Indian Literature), BA in English from ASU (minor: Women's Studies).
- Interests: Writing center theory and practice, the teaching of writing, rhetoric and ethnography.
Michelle Kizer, Program Assistant
- MA in English from Appalachian State University. BA in English with a minor in Psychology from Lenoir Rhyne University.
- Interests: Cooking, eating good food, lifting weights, running, video games, reading, traveling and, most of all, spending time with my family.
- Favorite Quote: “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
Jonathan Wells, Night Coordinator
- BA in English from Adams State University in Colorado. MA in English from Appalachian State University.
- Interests: Outdoor activities such as hiking and mountain biking, cook, eat unique food, reading, writing, Bob's Burgers, scary movies.
- Favorite Quote: "I would define, in brief, the poetry of words as the rhythmical creation of Beauty." —Edgar Allen Poe
- BA in English from Appalachian State University. MA in Literature from Appalachian State University.
- Full time lecturer in Rhetoric and Composition for the last 10 years.
- UWC Consultant for 7 years.
- Interests: Teaching and mentoring composition students, writing humorous non-fiction, reading historical non-fiction, Abraham Lincoln, trout fishing, origami artwork, animal rescue, vegetable gardening, floral arrangements, kitty cats.
- Favorite Quote: Metaphors be with you.
- MAT in Humanities from the University of Louisville
- Taught high school English for 14 years
- Full-time lecturer in Rhetoric and Composition at ASU for the past 20 years
- Writing Across the Curriculum consultant
- Interests: writing plays, acting, directing and producing, as co-founder of Black Sheep Theatre; other interests include words, books, baseball, film and travel.
- Favorite quote: "Let be be finale of seem/ the only emperor is the emperor of ice cream" —Wallace Stevens
- BA in Anthropology, archaeology concentration from ASU; MA in Higher Education, concentration in teaching writing from ASU.
- Interests: reading, writing, food, wine, travel, gardening, hiking with my dogs, hanging with my daughter, left wing idealism, good music of all genres and yoga.
- Favorite quote: "You cannot swim for new horizons until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore" —William Faulkner
- BA, Middlebury College; freelance editor and book designer for academic and educational publishers
- Interests: knitting, international travel, hiking, politics, learning disabilities and the autism spectrum, Adobe Creative Suite, the Chicago Manual of Style and being a pilkunnussija.
- Favorite quote: “What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.” —Samuel Johnson