The MLA, APA, and CMoS blogs often have information that is not covered in their manuals. You can even post questions if you are stumped.
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- The MLA Style Center
- Ask the MLA
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- CMos (Chicago Manual of Style) This link goes to the online version of the CMoS. Appalachian State has a subscription.
- The CMoS Shop Talk blog
- The CMoS Q&A site
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- The Council of Science Editors Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers: Scientific Style and Format, 8th ed.
Understanding Documentation in Academic Writing
Specific Documentation Styles
APA (7th edition)
APA VIDEO TUTORIAL: Introduction to APA 7th Edition
Transition Guide to the 7th Edition (for instructors)
NEW! APA Student Paper Checklist
APA (6th edition) PDF to download
APA 6th Format and Documentation
Chicago Manual of Style
Chicago Manual of Style Format and Documentation
Chicago Manual of Style Sample Paper
Chicago Manual of Style Template
MLA VIDEO TUTORIAL: MLA 8th Edition: Citations
American Sociological Association Format and Documentation
American Sociological Association Word Template
American Medical Association Format and Documentation
IEEE (Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Please come in to the University Writing Center for a session for help with other documentation styles not listed here, including ACS, Harvard Style, AIP, American Anthropological Association, and more.