Useful Campus Links
- Office of Disability Resources
- Counseling and Psychological Services Center
- Libraries and Library Services
- University Tutorial Services
- Learning Assistance Program (LAP)
- The Peel--ASU's Creative Writing Publication
With your Appalachian login credentials, you have access to subscription services for many documentation styles. The APA blog, in particular, answers obscure questions that are not answered anywhere else. This blog is searchable, and you can even post questions if you are stumped. The CMS link has the full text of the 1,145-page doorstop, the 17th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style. Take advantage of these resources while you have them!
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- APA (American Psychological Association)
- CMS (Chicago Manual of Style)
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- The CSE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers: Scientific Style and Format, 8th ed.
- For Associated Press style, come to the University Writing Center and consult our hard copy.
Grammar & Style
- Judy Vorfeld's Webgrammar
- Refdesk.com's Grammar, Usage and Style http://www.refdesk.com/factgram.html
- Elements of Style, by William Strunk, Jr., and E.B. White
Online Writing Center Publications
The Dangling Modifier, Penn State Univeristy.
Online journal, which accepts articles from peer consultants, that explore issues in writing center work. http://sites.psu.edu/thedanglingmodifier/
Douglas Eyman and Lames A. Inman, Co-editors. Online journal that accepts papers and articles which address rhetorical, pedagogical, or compositional issues. http://english.ttu.edu/kairos/
Writing Center Journals
Writing Center Journal
Neal Lerner and Beth Boquet, Co-editors. Journal published twice a year that accepts articles and papers concerned with writing center issues. http://www.english.udel.edu/wcj/
The Writing Lab Newsletter
Muriel Harris, Editor. Published by The RiCH Company, LLC. Newsletter published monthly from September to June that accepts essays and articles from consultants and directors that explore writing center concerns. Articles focus on tutoring theory and methodology, handling ELL issues, writing center management, training tutors, and using tutorial theory and pedagogy. In addition, it contains conference announcements, book reviews, professional news, and a column by and for tutors. https://wlnjournal.org/
Christine S. Cozzens, Editor. Journal published three times a year that asks for articles, essays, and columns dealing with writing center concerns. For information, email the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writing Center Association Websites
- International Writing Center Association Website (IWCA)
- Southeastern Writing Center Association Website (SWCA)
- National Council of Peer Tutors in Writing (NCPTW)
Other Writing Center Websites
- Purdue's Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Virginia Tech
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- University of Florida
- The Ohio State University